enrolment terms & conditions
- Completed enrolment forms and payment of payment of fees (or confirmation of a payment plan) is required before participation is permitted.
- Once a term has commenced pro-rata fees will apply.
- Class participation is for enrolled students only (please do not bring friends along to join in casually without prior approval). This is both for our duty of care/insurance requirements, class cap on student numbers and to respect those who have fully enrolled and are paying for their classes. Should you have a friend interested they are welcome to enrol in a class, book a trial or attend an open event.
- Variations to your enrolment are permitted (change of class etc.) where class numbers allow and pro rata adjustments of fees (increase or decrease) will be made accordingly.
- For your convenience enrolment into a new Term will automatically roll over for all classes, however if you do not wish to continue, you must advise via email or text prior to the commencement of the next term so you are not charged for the following term and so we may offer your place to another student.
- All 2021 account balances/amounts payable are issued via our studio account visible on the 'Parent Communication Portal' or Studio App.
- Copies of your account statements can be emailed to you by request at any time.
- All accounts are due in full at the commencement of the period of enrolment.
- All applicable fees and due dates are openly advised prior to enrolment on our website and on the communication portal and therefore not checking your account or not being aware of payment due is not considered a valid reason for non-payment.
- Payment options include: CREDIT CARD, AUTO-PAY, CASH, DIRECT BANK TRANSFER
- Discount incentives strictly only apply to accounts paid in full by the due date.
- Payment arrangements are available, however must be set up and approved by admin to be considered valid.
- Accounts which remain overdue by 30 days without communication/resolution via payment arrangement, will be charged a 10% late fee and enrolment suspension may apply until the account is paid.
- Enrolment in subsequent terms will only be possible for accounts which are up to date.
- If you enrol part way through the term, pro rata term fees will be offered however the full amount is payable prior to commencement of participation.
PAYMENT RESPONSIBILITY & REFUNDS
- The account holder/person who submits registration and enrolment is responsible for all payments accrued on the account.
- Once you have submitted your enrolment and acceptance is acknowledged by Explosive Dance & Theatre Co, Full Term Fees are payable by the 'Account Holder' regardless of attendance including accounts on an approved payment plan.
- Explosive Dance & Theatre Co is not responsible for negotiating payment disputes between parents/families and the 'Account Holder' who submits the enrolment will remain responsible for payment.
- Refunds/credits are not offered for classes missed due to illness, travel or change of mind or early withdrawal.
- Refunds/credits will not be provided for classes missed due to government imposed closures (COVID responses)
- Refunds/credits will be offered if Explosive Dance & Theatre Co choses to cancel classes/programs.
- Upon accepting enrolment with Explosive Dance & Theatre Co, Media Release (use of photo/video for Explosive Dance & Theatre Co official website/social media/promotion) is by default accepted.
- We do however respect your right to decline release and invite you to 'OPT-OUT' of Media Release via the 'Communication Portal'. Simply view the waivers and policy page and select 'Opt-Out'. Alternatively you may advise via email and we will update this permission for you.
VIEWING CLASSES/STUDIO VISITORS
- If you are interested in a class for the purposes of potential enrolment, you may elect to 'Trial' (participate) in a class. We do not usually permit prospective students to just attend to watch for the comfort of the enrolled students who may not wish to be viewed whilst learning.
- It is studio policy that we do not have parents or friends sit in on any classes unless prior approval has been sought outside of class time or it is a special 'Invitation to Watch' class.
- This is due a number of reasons including: Students tend to progress better, are more willing to attempt new things and are less distracted when they are not being watched.
- If we allow one parent in we can end up with many (and the accompanying siblings) and it simply gets too crowded!,
- We need to keep a level of consistency and control over the studio space to protect those students who may have complicated family situations.
- EXCEPTIONS: Approved Care Assistants and those who may need Mum or Dad initially as they adjust to the new environment.
- Class trials are welcome however MUST be pre-booked via our Communication Portal.
- Classes Trials are $15
- Class trial bookings reserve your place for your nominated class only and your placement counts as a part of our student cap for each class to ensure the quality of class is not compromised by over crowding.
studio policy STATEMENTS
- The health of our students and families is important to us, both in regard to COVID-safe practices and general physical and mental well-being.
- Explosive Dance & Theatre Co, maintains all COVID-Safe practices as required by government directive.
- If you are unwell, please stay home.
- If a student becomes unwell during class time, parents/guardians will be contacted and students are to be collected.
- Good personal hygiene practices are essential at all times including hand washing/use of sanitiser, wearing of deodorant and ensuring you attend class with clean feet and clothing.
- Should you experience any new injuries or medical conditions, please update your records with us so we can manage them accordingly.
- Should you be experiencing any personal issues that may effect your time in the studio, please advise our studio directors so we can offer our support and understanding in the studio setting. (This communication remains confidential).
- Communication from Explosive Dance & Theatre Co to enrolled families will be primarily provided the 'Communication Portal' and email.
- Communication from students and parents should be directed at management and administration and not individual teachers with email or phone (rather than social media) being preferred to ensure your query is attended to and recorded with accuracy and discretion.
- If your child (or you) experiences any issues/incident in class with peers or teachers we request that you bring this to the attention of Fran or Tamara immediately so we may take appropriate action and find a resolution quickly.
- Please communicate if your child (or you) are experiencing any extenuating circumstances outside of the studio setting that may impact feelings of safety and well being in class so that we may ensure appropriate sensitivity and support is in place from our teachers.
- Explosive Dance & Theatre Co will only accept the highest level of respectful interaction between Directors, Teachers, Students and Parents.
- Media release permissions for all students are optional and will be fully respected by the class teacher/studio (Please ensure you select 'OPT-OUT' on your communication portal or advise via email, if you do not permit Media Release)
- Social Media should not be used to contact studio teachers individually. Please direct any teacher communication via studio management.
- To streamline storage and access of studio related images and video, the studio will be equipped with purpose specific devices so that video and photo captured in class for educational purposes is not left on a teachers personal phone.
- Students and parents are not permitted to capture images or video of classes without the confirmed consent of the class teacher. (This is to ensure we do not breech the Media Release Permissions of each student and to protect the intellectual property of our choreography)
- Students are not permitted to use or play on their phones during class time. Should a phone be required to be left nearby for emergency contact please advise your teacher.
- Explosive Dance & Theatre Co embrace interactive use of the official social media accounts (Facebook and Instagram) as a great platform for building community. Use is to be strictly for business and studio community purposes. Activity of any other nature (i.e. spam business posts, harassment/bullying, political lobbying) is not permitted.
- Official Accounts: FB: www.facebook.com/explosivedanceperth IG: @explosivedanceperth
- Explosive Dance & Theatre Co maintains records of any injuries and incidents that occur in class as well as any general disclosures or reports made during class time and if necessary will seek advice from or offer referrals to external organisations if requested.